CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES "

Sunday, January 11, 2009

The end to an exciting season...

Well, it's official. The San Diego Chargers are done for the season. I just began what will be a new tradition for me at the end of every NFL season. I sadly hung my #17 Chargers jersey in the closet for the last time until next season. I was hoping I could wait until February to "rest" it through the off season, but not this year.

This was the most involved I have been with football since Arin and I lived in San Diego. I was the commissioner of our office fantasy football league. (Which I came in third out of six.) I almost won one of the weeks for our office pick 'em pool. And I also got to go to TWO NFL games this season!!

First Arin and I went to a pre-season Seahawks game against the Raiders with some friends. We were excited to watch the Raiders lose. Although it was just a pre-season game, it was our first trip to Qwest Field and it was just as loud as they mention on TV.

Then I hosted our first Fantasy Draft for an office league. we had some laughs and all realized how little we actually knew about the players once we drafted the ones we had all heard of. (I had the opportunity to get Tom Brady as my first pick then watch him get hurt for the season the first week.)

Then we were able to upgrade our DirecTV to get the NFL Sunday ticket for nothing extra than we were already paying. So we got to watch every San Diego game of the season. I really hope that they have the same deal next year. we got pretty spoiled. (I love to have a wife that loves to watch football with me.)

We had plans to go to San Diego for Christmas, and were excited to find out that my father-in-law was able to get us tickets to the final home game of the season. At the time it was just the last home game, but as I have told many people, the planets suddenly aligned and gave us a game that we were lucky to have tickets to. since we were in SD, I had wanted to buy a Philip Rivers (yes, I said it.. Philip Rivers) Chargers jersey, and I wanted to get one for the game. We had so much fun there!!




We then got to watch them win against the Colts at our friends house... who is a colts fan... What a great game to be with friends to watch!! Then today we sat at home quietly and watched the season end by the hands of the Steelers.

So farewell to another Chargers season, and I look forward to getting ready for next year.

0 comments: